Interview with Fast-Rising Basketball Star “Quentin Jackson”
The world of professional athletics isn’t an easy one. It’s a full-time commitment requiring personal sacrifice and a dedication to preparation. Quentin Jackson began to form his incredible work ethic at a young age, spending time outside school and on the weekends practicing in pursuit of the ultimate goal: to compete at the top level as a professional Basketball Player. Quentin currently plays point guard for the San Antonio Spirits #TexasTitanuimStrong. Quentin will enter the 2019 NBA Draft after this seasons dominance.
- Name: Quentin Jackson
- Current Professional Basketball Team? What’s your role in the team? Texas Titanium, I’m a starting point guard for the Texas Titanium
- Aside from semi-pro basketball, tell us about other stuff do you do? Aside basketball I make music, I also write poetry in my spare time.
My ComeUp Story
- What was the most important game you played? Why? The most important game I’ve ever played was a 3 v 3 tournament. We was in the finals and I was on fire. My team left champions!
- If you didn’t play basketball what sport would you like to play? why? I would probably play baseball because I’ve played a lot when I was younger. It’s like my second sport…
- How did the journey in Basketball start? It started when I was really young I’ve always had a love for the game.
- How did you start believing in your own baskeball skills? What made you launch your career as a pro-basketballer”? I’ve always believed I was a big force and I believe I can do special things on the court. I decided to go pro because I wanted the challenge right away.
- What is the biggest lesson that you have learned since you joined Texas Titanium? I’ve learned to always work hard never go half at what you do.
- Breaking into the basketball industry isn’t an easy feat. What advice would you give younger basketballers looking to get drafted into the NBA? I would say just work hard everyday, don’t get overwhelmed by training and don’t worry if you’re not getting looks right away keep working everyday and prove you belong
- Do you recall any embarrassing moments you had during your come up? Tell us about a time you were faced with insurmountable odds, yet persevered to overcome? There was a time where I’ve in-contoured a really bad ankle injury and wasn’t able to do much for a month so after I was able to get strength in my ankle I really start to work and push through and make it where I was one hundred percent
My Daily Behind the Scenes
- What is your typical weekday and weekend like? What do you do when not working? My typical weekend or weekday consists of me working mostly also I do some court work and workout at the gym. When I’m not working I like to play NBA 2k18 and watch Netflix movies
- Where do you find your inspiration? I find my inspiration mostly from my mom, she’s my biggest inspiration
- What songs do you listen to that psyches you up and makes you feel strong? There’s so many songs I listen to a lot of Michael Jackson, Kodak Black, Z-ro, and Big Krit
- What is one thing you do when you’re feeling stuck creatively? One thing I do is take a break and do something else because anything could pop up by doing different activities
- What is the product or book you’ve created that you are most proud of? I once painted a portrait of 2pac that I’m really proud of
- Why are you so passionate about #OhJeeeesusProgression”? Why do you think it’s important? #OhJeeeesusProgression is something I started to have fun and make comedy voice over for NBA highlights it’s something that makes everyone laugh and have a good time so it’s something really special
- What has basketball taught you that carries over into the other areas of your life? Basketball has really taught me to go hard in everything you do always get better and never settle
- Over the years, did you ever encounter famous people who were very difficult to play against? Not really the most challenge I’ve ever had was in an championship AAU game which I played very well in
- As a budding music & poetry artisan, I’m sure you have picked up a lot of valuable insights and tricks of the trade along the way. If you had to narrow it down, what one piece of advice would you give to artists, business owners and entrepreneurs? I would say if you love what you do and you believe in it always remember today is today and tomorrow is different. Just really be perfect in what you do research and practice everyday
- What would you like to achieve before the end of 2018? I would like to play a year overseas before 2018 is over that’s one of my big goals
- What is the most meaningful project you have done? What would your dream project be? One meaningful project I’ve worked on would probably be when it was Mother’s Day and I made a huge card from scratch it was very colorful and had a lot of art on it. My dream project would probably be is to be able to customize an older car
- What’s one dream you’ve achieved that you’re most proud of and why? One dream I achieved that I’m most proud of would of is being able to play the sport I love at a professional level. This has always been a big dream of mine