Resilience is what describes this this thing called “life” of mines. I always was the type of person to bounce back at whatever was thrown my way. We all in it to win it…set your goals quietly, don’t tell nobody about them. They will see them in due time…I always loved to smell good so I figured that I could launch my own line of fragrance and use in it whatever notes that I wanted.
- Name: Resilience Boutique by PEH LLC
- Current title/company? What’s your motto? CEO/Owner Everything Your Body Needs, Nothing It Doesn’t
- Year you launched the PEH LLC? 2015
- What is your number one accomplishment with PEH? My number one accomplishment is gracing a magazine that Michelle Obama was in.
My ComeUp Story
- Educational background? Are you self-taught or did you study anything related to the beauty world? Currently working on my master’s degree in Human Resource Management. I basically did tons of research and taught myself along the way.
- You started your eco-friendly and cruelty free beauty line Why did you decide to go for cruelty-free and vegan make-up line? In my research I discovered that a lot of things we put on our bodies that are alcohol base and contains parabens that either aggravates pre-existing skin conditions or create new ones.
- How did you start believing in your own work and talent? What made you take producing beauty & body care products more seriously and make a career out of it? I started believing in my own talent when I thought about healthy skin and how many people were affected by various skin conditions. I decided to make a career out of it when I started researching and examining my own skin and decided that I wanted alcohol and paraben free items for myself.
- What is the biggest lesson that you have learned since you started your company? The biggest lesson I learned is that even your own shadow leaves you so never count on man but put my faith in GOD.
- Breaking into the beauty & fragrance industry isn’t an easy feat. What advice would you give businesswomen looking to form their own companies? Marketing tips? The advice I would give is to always stay focused when conducting business. If you’re unsure of something then to always seek clarity. The most important thing is to treat customers the way you would wanted to be treated. Marketing tips would be to promote your brand any and everywhere. I always have business cards handy because you never know who you may meet.
- Do you recall any embarrassing moments you had during your come up? My only embarrassing moment is being live on a radio interview and lost my train of thought because I was nervous.
- Tell us about a time you were faced with insurmountable odds, yet persevered to overcome? I was at a convention and there was Mary Kay and Avon reps. Of course we as people go with the “familiar” but the way I overcame that is I don’t knock nobody’s hustle. We all in it to win it. So when a young lady said she was going to shop with them I smiled and encouraged her to by all means spend her money with who she felt comfortable with. God takes care of me and my business. After she left from the table I got 5 sales. God is faithful!!!
My Daily Behind the Scenes
- What is your typical week day and weekend like? What do you do when not working? I work from sunset to sunrise 5 days a week. It’s always calls to be made, orders to fulfill, network and seeing what’s trending. I have three wonderful people who work for me and they’re more of the sellers and front end while I’m on the back end. When I’m not working I’m doing homework or spending time with my family.
- Where do you find your inspiration? My inspirations come from other small business owners that I have met.
- What is your role in the company now? And how involved are you in the day-to-day and overall operations? My role in the company is I’m the Chief Executive Officer. I’m more behind the scenes as far as setting goals, keeping up with inventory, making appearances and communicating with the editors, journalists and so forth.
- We could not but notice your perfume line “Resilience” Tell us more about? Why did you launch your own line? Resilience is what describes this this thing called “life” of mines. I always was the type of person to bounce back at whatever was thrown my way. I always loved to smell good so I figured that I could launch my own line of fragrance and use in it whatever notes that I wanted.
- What is the product you’ve created that you are most proud of? My perfume of course. It’s personalized by me. It’s my brand!
- Fragrances continue to be a lifestyle purchase among consumers. What are some common misconceptions about niche fragrances? It’s not gone smell good. You gone get what you pay for. All of the above is far from true!!
- Has the Perfume “Resilience” been launched and where can we buy it? It’s been launched and can be ordered through the website www.pehboutique.com
My Now, My Future
- What would you like to achieve before the end of 2017? I would like to personalize my men’s cologne line and get it out in the public.
- If you could go back in time, what advice would you give to your teenage self? My advice would have been to set your goals quietly, don’t tell nobody about them. They will see them in due time.